Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NEW JOB: Screen NSW

Click here for their website
It's been a back to back 2011 onto 2012 and I've just slipped into another exciting job in

regards to film and screen culture. It's has been a consistent move though, from community to mainstream and now funding applications and I believe everything is forwarding me in my developments as a serious filmmaker. Of course, I do enjoy the sensibility of the 'indie' producer but I don't want to be starving either so a little give and take will surely see me winning in this field.

So first day, what was it like? Well, honestly, overwhelming. The development and production finance team are super cool and supportive but today was a reality check for me.

I finally realized how much paper work and intricacies it is to get some buck back up for your project. Partnerships, deals, etc... really need to be though through and nothing is 'made up'. You literally cannot write any estimate fib amounts in terms of budgets as everything is thoroughly looked at, internally and externally.

Creatively, ideas need to be developed thoughtfully and you also have to think about your audiences and also which broadcaster/ network might pick it up.

Overall, I want to send my shout outs to the ever so helpful Donna Chang (Credits include "Happy Feet 2") who was the previous recipient. This girl was such a dynamo and took me through the A-Z of my position for the next 6 months.

I'm definitely looking forward to the team (overseen by the Development Executive - Nerida Moore) and soaking it as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Maria! It's very well deserved! Don't get the finance and bureaucracy turn you into a zombie!!!!

    ReplyDelete