Friday, October 28, 2011

1st Test Fight Shoot - Who Am I? - With Adrian Castro and Maria Tran

Behind the Scenes and having fun!
In contrast to people unwinding for the weekend, I saw myself, Adrian Castro and Thuy Ng at our little den, the Shed and choreographing and shooting a test scene for the much anticipated Quest for Jackie Chan! Who Am I Scene, featuring Christopher Pang in Melbourne this year.

Its been a long time since I shot something for the film. In fact, I was so busy with my 2-3 job juggle that I wasn't sure if I was ever to finish the thing. But now, I've formalised that Adrian Castro will be a co-producer and Thuy Ng will the production manager so they are both kicking my arse on getting it done.

The meeting started up with a discussion between myself and Adrian on what we have left to shot...which is lots.... especially when it changed from being a standard documentary to a crazy weird ass dream sequence laden doco drama (I don't know how it will turn out, but ***k, its fun to make!)

But I'm so glad that we have finally drew a line what content goes in and what stays out and the other scenes will be underway. 

Fight Sequence Practice
At 9-11pm, we started to do some chorie and shot practice to see if we can come up with some slick sequences, and to my surprise, it didn't look too bad either. Of cause there was continuity issues etc...but overall, the edit was its "movie magic" and worked out find. I was pretty happy that I'm starting to develop the 'eye' for chorie and what works well and doesn't. On top of that, always have test shots, particularly when we are working with fight chorie. 

So what's next? I'll be working out the Melbourne shoot in terms of location and a tight 5 max crew, but in between, working on developing the other scenes as well. 

Come on! Lets finish the Quest for Feb 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment