Sunday, April 24, 2011

PEOPLE TO FOLLOW: Asian-Australian Chris Pang

Actor Chris Pang
Dinky-di, chinky head fellow Asian-Australian actor/ used carsalesman in the making (his blog says it, not me) Chris Pang has finally blogged a little bit more about his own 3 month escapade in L.A. I think Chris a.k.a "Pangerz" is more than just your average actor, he's got a knack for other creative expressions (through illustrations and drawings) and a wicked natural sense of humour and always keeping it real.

Check out his blog here, for a good genuine read of his current journeys. Otherwise, you can check it here (cut and pasted). Lol!


Red Carpet Treatment

MARCH 31, 2011

Me and Linc at the Oscars! kinda.
By red carpet treatment of course I’m talking about the most prestigious, most famous, most *insert awesome adjective* film awards of the year – the Oscars! And by Oscars of course I’m talking about being at the venue, not attending the ceremony, but I was lucky enough to be in LA to feel that certain buzz that makes even waiting for a burger at Mickey D’s (that’s cool people talk for McDonald’s) exciting.
I’m very happy to say that some aspects of LA are exactly like I imagined. My first look at LA out the airplane window was this:

Yup. there are even palm trees on the runway.
There’s a frikkin PALM TREE to welcome you off the plane! Awesome! To reaffirm my image of LA there continued to be palm trees everywhere to and including in the street where I was staying. The sun really does shine everyday and I really do ‘wish they all could be Californian girls’!
After finding my footing and getting my bearings I’ve found that stuff actually happens here in a big way and it IS the place to be. Everything here is saturated in film and entertainment – you can’t’ get away. Forget about billboards advertising food, deodorant and cars. EVERY billboard here is a movie poster or a series or a show of some sort. The only billboard I’ve seen that has advertised otherwise was of The Beatles who are now available on iTunes (I love the Beatles) and well… actually it’s still all part of entertainment.
I have been seeing lots of movies here – the latest of which was Suckerpunch. I didn’t entirely get how the story worked, but it was full of hot girls in school uniforms kicking ass… actually maybe that was how the story worked. The look and style was visually incredible and the action sequences were mind-blowing!!  I subsequently found myself drawing (during acting class – oops) and thought I’d share some Suckerpunch fan art!

Babydoll from suckerpunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment