Saturday, April 23, 2011

PROGRESS: Quest for Jackie Chan!

Its been 18 months since the inception of the “Quest for Jackie Chan!” idea, and so much as happened ever since. I did have moments of creative blocks with the project, but I think it was fueled by my own overwhelmingness of the rapid change throughout.

The idea began as being very 2D; it was like an A to B linear journey, to meet Jackie Chan, not really understanding my own inners, the context and how far and wide this project reached.

I’ve sampled the topic from varying perspectives and I’ve finally reached to the peak that has allowed me to be organically creative. I don’t know if there’s such terms, but creativity and innovative thinking is what fuels this project.  Organic, in a sense, that I’m not straining as much to come up with the details of the movie, and everything that has been learnt and experienced is finally coming together.

I think I don’t want to make this movie for the sake of getting attention, to be cool and other ego and narcissistic means. I probably did, in the beginning, but now its transcended onto more of the craft of filmmaking and storytelling.

Life doesn’t get any easier from this moment though, it becomes an obsessional thought, everything I think of, or do relates to the craft. I have major troubles getting to sleep (often fantastic ideas hits just when I about to get to shut eye).

It has been exciting though, I got on board Adrian Castro who is a D.I.Y savvy filmmaker who knows about visual FX, graphics, stock motion and fight chorie to assist and kick my butt when I’m slacking off.

He’s been throwing me movie after movie and literally, sitting with me, and making sure I’m watching it like some sort of school kid.
I’m at the point of my project where I’m calling on a team people dedicated, innovative people to inject their collaborative minds on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment