Saturday, March 26, 2011

PROJECT: Meals on Wheels with Adrian Castro

I get all sorts of emails lately branded with "Quest for Jackie Chan is dead". But wait on a sec, just because I haven't met Jackie Chan doesn't mean the whole quest world has collapsed. Everything I do is purposeful and I don't believe in failure, just obstacles that tests our capabilities.

So the "Quest" has veered its directions to the making of a quality movie of my journeys (as well as many others) on the "Quest". This Sunday, i spent a solid 3 hours with film buddy Adrian Castro who is committed in recreating the Meals on Wheels Benny The Jet vs Jackie Chan notorious fight scene.

I was lucky enough to meet Benny The Jet last year (through Misha & Warren Coulton) and ever have been inspired to pay homage to the meet up.

So in the month of April, myself and Mr Castro will be dedicating our 10 solid hours a week in full exploration of fight choreography, training, costume design and location scouting all in the lead up to a full 2 day shoot of one of Jackie's best fight scenes of all time. I will be playing "Jackie" (girl version but with the same hairstyle) while Adrian will be donning "Benny". I look forward to working with Adrian because I know his level of pedanticness and "go hard or go home" attitude will surely push this clip (which will be a part of the "Quest") to the best it can possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment