Friday, December 25, 2009

I want some FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY!

Missing the old days of fight choreography. I do hope 2010 will bring some fight choreography my way. I had a rare chance to work on the pre developments of “Shanghai Ladykillers”, but wushu and dance choreography was a super challenge so I ended up finishing up my moment on the production.

But I’d still recall the achievements of 08/09 as being “Downtown Rumble”
Come on, how often do a bunch of Asians from the “ghetto” west make a TV series for mainstream?
Here’s the fight choreography demo that action choreography Tim Ly edited together. It was choreographed in between my working days at from 10pm to often 3am in the morning.

Everything shot on handycam and we had Rudge Hollis, Stephen Ta, Wayne Pham, Tan Nguyen and Ryan Peters come in for sessions in the wake of the shoot day.

Click here to check it out!
Here is the "Downtown Rumble Trailer" that seems to have gotten more hits than the actual series on ABC JTV. Perhaps, peopel simply don't watch that much TV anymore? Oh well, for those who have missed out, here it is again.



Yes, I'd thought it was a wise to have a silly and fun production reel of what goes on "behind the scenes" of Downtown Rumble. The majority of people who got on board were from TAFEs, film schools or just really want the experience of working with us.


And finally we have a personal production blog of two Brisbanite go-getters who have travelled from good old Queensland to be a part of the production. Pure dedication and passion from Steve Ada and Bill Giang. This is their version of the experience. (Keep in mind they had to stay awake all night to complete the edits before they leave.
Drumroll for the final product.....

“Downtown Rumble” Snippet Series. And here are comments –

kakkorrotto
Oh that looks like so much fun - how do you guys and gals get everything to look so good?
Re: Timothy pinches me if I get it wrong

MDSguy
thats bloody amazing, hope the worked paid off! good to c u guys make it to the big screen!

quocies
that's hot
Re: yes, literally too! So hot that I quickly Jackie Channed out of my black jacket in the speed of light to continue the fight

rockaphobia
WOW!!very cool!! never look away from your opponent maria! loved 0.12
Re: Can’t help if the opponent is hard to look at

No comments:

Post a Comment