Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In Production: "Secret Palace" in Canberra

After finishing on the set of “Chains” at 2am, 5 hours of disrupted sleep, I packed my bags to embark on the next film shoot set of Laurent Boitex’s “Secret Palace” film shoot 3 hours away in Canberra.

I have to admit, I’ve never done anything that was back-to-back, from one shoot to another, but after Anthony Wong’s Ivana Chubbuck class and the concepts of asking the “universe” and they will provide, I guess my callings for more “dialogue-driven” roles were answered.

We left no time to waste (even though we came on set several hours late) and got straight into the scene, belting out those lines with Adrian Castro as the Director of Photography/ Camera Operator/ at times, director.

Laurent’s film may be a little bit ambitious, but I must commend him on his ability to pull together a number of up and coming, grassroots go getters, all aspiring to slam dunk the Australian Film Industry in their innovative ways.

Special thanks goes to Warren Coulton from Clear Vision Studios for lending his set in-kind. His community sensibility is very suprising in contrast to the majority of arrogant production houses who think they are King Kong in the industry and have built up a fortress of “exclusivity” and storytelling as a privilege to the mainstream.

Overall, it was a fun and a unique experience. Very tiring and a number of minor injuries but I think someone has got to do it and I hope from small initiatives like this, it will begin to draw more like minded people who want to see cutting edge films of the action genre in Australia.

Just thought I might attach a number of stills of the production. And yes we had a lot of fun doing this.

“Secret Palace” – a fun experimental pilot project coming soon....




No comments:

Post a Comment