Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lilla: International Women’s Network Creativity Workshop – 7th to 8th of March

What a fantastic initiative of an overnight retreat for a gathering of very exciting women and workshops. The skills and experiences of these women were very diverse, from painters, object artists, filmmakers, animators, poets, performer, writers, clowns all united to share a weekend together at Wentworth Falls, Blue Mountains.

The event began with Candy B from Powerhouse Youth Theatre’s hip hop rap song making and that was a laugh. Candy B is such as powerful facilitator, so down-to-earth and such urban presence. I love her vocal games and abilities.

I was one of the 6 mentors on this ongoing project and presented on a workshop on Digital Storytelling. Due to technical difficulties, I had to low key it, using paper, crayons, markers etc… to create a workshop on the idea of Storycubes. I love storycubes and love the novelty of this kind of brainstorming. I also learnt that the process can be very emotional as well as insightful.

Boy…did I enjoy the atmosphere; the serenity; the peace; the air. Its all so fresh and everything is so …just ..ahhh…..green.

We enjoyed a good Vietnamese lunch and a great take-away Thai dinner with complimentary wine. I later took the chance to duck out in my Civic for a cruise around the mountains. No shops, scarce lighting and extensive bushlands is all I can sense.

Oh, did I also tell you that I forgot my luggage? Yeah, that’s right. I packed everything except my overpacked luggage. Thus I only have what I’m wearing on for two days. Of course, being practical and hygienic me, I hand washed my “under garments”, to be polite and hand ironed then to crisp dryness.

By the way, I’m based in Room 17 at the Hideaway Retreat on 50ish Railway Pde, Wentworth Falls. I feel quite guilty have a room to all myself. Two beds and an ensuite all to little old me! What a great International Women’s weekend!

Okies…I better get going now, time to iron my socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment