Sunday, July 1, 2012

SUNDAY: Fight chorie with the boys

It has been a good week post "Press Play" Theatre show and I've been busy with a range of things, from the technical video edits, film production research and my favourite of all fight chorie with the boys. 

As I take a moment to reflect, I think this year has been a great year of many tremendous changes. I moved out from home and living with my awesome partner, Trung Ly who is a kick arse Hapkido master with an inventing and engineering streak. Puurfect! 

So perfect that at 2 am in the morning, he hands me a sword to do some basic training and now he's given me a leg split machine to use in my down time. 

I've also got a tight knit team of indie filmmakers and stunties by my side to help me develop my skills for the craft of martial arts and stunts. Even though my lefts and rights can be of confusion, it is my team who believe in me to hone my skills. 

At the same time, it is exciting to see Jaytee, Heng, Adrian, David and my dude Trung all working together and training me up. I owe it to you guys! 
Jaytee Nguyen, Adrian Castro, David Minh Tam Nguyen & Maria Tran
So this week is another scary week where I get back into work at Screen NSW. I'll be there Mon-Thu, fight chorie on Wednesday night, Fri-Sun is my Scuba Diving International Course, which I hope I get a pass. Sunday at 8.30pm-10.30pm will be a shoot for "Quest for Jackie Chan!: Shaolin Wooden Monk Scene".

Full of stuff and still no time to edit the "Quest!". I will get there....

Lots of love,

Maria

1 comment: