Tuesday, July 31, 2012

PREP: Digital Series FILM CLUB SHOWCASE

8.34am, 1st of August, 2012 on train to work

Amongst the 1001 things I have going on concurrently, Digital Series Film Club Showcase is one that I’m about to wrap up after a year-long of running back-to-back programs for the young people of Western Sydney. Reflecting back, my journeys as a facilitator/ trainer has stemmed all the way to its origins as a Youth Digital Cultures Project Coordinator at Information & Cultural Exchange (ICE) in 2008.

It was here that the next 4 years I development and eye, ear and heart for the burbs of Western Sydney as well as activated my senses to what potentials it store as well as the issues which lies ahead.

Film Club Showcase is my hobby community cultural development, despite my position being now settled at Screen NSW, I still want to congregate, screened and be a part of making creative dialogue happen at this event.

Boy! It does look exciting! I’m a biggie when it comes to event management and so far, all the ones I’ve coordinated have been a big hit with a big turnout. It will be a bit sad for me and after this event, and post Screen NSW, I’ll be hitting my own cave to start/complete my long ongoing project “Quest For Jackie Chan!”.

So far a string of editing time has been booked in from the 3-7 September, 9-5pm as well as regular training to get be back in shape before the finale fight sequence, Benny vs Jackie mock up that will be included in the film.

Last month of winter here I come, I believe it is the spring time that everything will start picking up momentum and towards the end of the year – completed in the wake of a 2013 big bang!

Signing off,

Maria Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment