Sunday, April 15, 2012

REHEARSAL: Quest "Project A" Test Chorie

Last Saturday I was preoccupied with another session of a chain of rehearsals for my "Quest for Jackie Chan!".

This time round, I was working on a playback of "Project A" movie that Jackie did in 1983 with his brothers, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao.

Craig Anderson ("Double The Fist" ABC TV series) will be doing a cameo as Sammo Hung.

I know, he may not ethnically be suited but the way he moves and his size really does the job.

I've known Craig since 2006 when I first was interested in film and acting. I think I met him through a local film festival and recall telling myself, "I must find out who he was and make him my mentor".

Naturally, it happened and Craig has been a pretty good source of guerrilla D.I.Y filmmaking warfare.

Ive done acting workshops and comedy classes courtesy He's mentored 'Maximum Choppage', a starting project I was a part of, he was a trainer for 'Pop Series: Shorts that Speak Out!', plays my master in 'Downtown Rumble' and I'm also working on his TV pilot, netball drama comedy, "Team 11".

It was great to also see James Nguyen and his friend Hen Dy come out to do more fight choreography. I find it that getting punched and kicked is an art form itself and requires training as well.

Overall, we got rehearsals done in 1.5 hours, with test footage from the iPhone and and a free pork roll from my mum's bakery.

Adrian Castro is becoming quite da bomb when it comes to efficiency. He's become quite good at breaking the scene down, figure out two sides of choreography and communicating it to the team.

This weekend is excitedly chock-a-block and we will be shooting "Winners and Sinners" playback.
Fistful of flurries
Maria Tran as Jackie Chan and Craig Anderson as Sammo Hung

No comments:

Post a Comment