Saturday, January 12, 2013

UPDATES: "Fist of A Dragon" Film Shoot Day #9

Date: Friday, 11 Jan, 2013
Time: 7.30pm

It's day #10 and after countless number of schedule changes, my character scene of maid undercover assassin chick has finally been called to shoot as other scenes are postponed till another date.

It started out quite lightly with some cruisey light exercise before being hurled in the deep end with some 2nd unit directing for "Enlai (Xin Sarith Wuku) vs Damon (Josh Thomson).

My partner, Trung Ly did his best with camera operation as well as fight choreography but still it was a hard call to marry the two: selling the hits and logical reactions as well as sticking to the tight deadline of completing an epic fight scene for this Roger Corman flick-to-be.

I totally get what Antony Szeto was on about when it comes to action. He did drill it in me to ask myself the question: if somebody out there was to watch an action movie frame-by-frame, will they spot any flaws? And if so, am I willing to risk it being immortalised on a Corman flick?

But it is even more frustrating when you begin to average 1-2 shots per hour and over 20 takes the least.

So if time was reversed, what could have been done?

My answer: Pre-production.

Pre-Production is pretty much all the preparation needed before film shoot begins. You can never have too much of this stage, however, most projects skim past this.

And I did wish we had the luxury such as the Indonesian action flick "The Raid", which has a nice 3 months or so just for fight choreography and training.

I guess due to the very late nature of this project being green lit in November and then it was a rush to find the cast and lock in everything, there was no time for rehearsals and most vital; fight training.

Anyhow, back to reality, after 1 hour in make up it is my turn to interpret this character of mine as she eavesdrop onto Damon's conversation with Meili.

There's a part of me feeling the sampanness (if that's even a word) of the unusual studio system of Ace Studios; not to mention an array of loud and colourful characters, I rest assured that my drag queen killer make up and dead(Ly) sense of style, it will be under the scrutizing eye of Roger Corman.

...and that's still pretty cool.

More lame lovo pics of me below:







No comments:

Post a Comment