Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Happy 34th Birthday to MARIA TRAN!

34 y.o in 2019 is a year of spiritual awakening

Today is my birthday. I'm 34. I don't mind telling you my age, as it is just a number. I'm very proud of my achievements but more so, what is on my mind for the future.

My birthday, is a day where I focus on giving back to 'me'. I started the day waking up at 5am. It's been 30 days straight and another daily ritual I'm keeping. Waking up at 5am means that you are ahead of 95% of the world's population, meaning you get extra hours to be productive and reflective on your journey.

I then did some decluttering as I gave to charity 8 garbage full of "stuff" and clothes and things I just don't need in my life and have had them around because I worried that I might need it in the future.

By lunchtime, I drop by my Phoenix Eye office to share a birthday moment with my work colleagues with a fresh, wholesome lunch and my very own homemade, vegan, sugar free, gluten free, paleo, keto chocolate birthday cake! Yes....it tastes great!

100% Vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, keto, paleo Chocolate Cake 
Yes I'm in love with this cake because I made it from scratch!


Also, I would like to celebrate me being a vegan for the past year! I definitely don't miss the meat, cheese, milk etc... as I've started to meal prep and plan all my delicious homemade meals. Once you learn how to cook, there's no need to eat out.

Some of you may say, that's a social life killer, but for me, I love being me, and have amazing people that gravitate towards me on the majority of days and our work at Phoenix Eye is so much fun and fulfilling that we don't feel like it's work.

Phoenix Eye & PYT Fairfield are my loves

I wanted to say that since 2019 arrived, I feel like a brand new me has emerged and I would like to share with you. My life has taken a fulfilling course, it's "awakening", "spiritual", "soulful", "manifesting", "powerful", "visionary" and "destined for big things".

Some of you may be reading this and thinking, "Maria's gone a bit hippy", but trust me, it's an amazing feel and state when you are free from the constraints of social expectations and mundane reality.

Freedom from the fears, anxieties, pain, judgement & negativity and it all starts from your mind. How simple is that! But of course that requires you to believe in yourself (skills & abilities) and at the same time, look beyond 'yourself' and how 'you' will be able to 'serve' the greater good. Majority of people will do things to 'serve' themselves first. But to be able to 'serve' others first, you also 'serve' yourself as a by product.


After that, I visited my sister, gloated to her about my amazing cake, visited little Phoebe the bird and then spent time at the Oakdene Tree with a moment mindfulness meditation.

I've only started this practice the last 30 days, and it is something I'm keeping for the rest of my life. Meditating at the 160 year old tree is very special as I can literally feel it's energies charging me up like a battery and coursing through my veins.

Then I hopped on the train and headed to the Redfern Acting Studio to drop in to watch a Meisner class run by Hunter McMahon to keep my mind open to what I'm trying to excel in for 2019 - Acting. It was a great class and Hunter was an in tune trainer.

I feel like I am both learner and teacher in one and it is my duty to spread this awareness through my many interactions with other people, there are many things I can learn from them as they can learn from myself. I hope everyone's birthday is enlightening. I wish you all a special day -- everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment